Friday, February 27, 2004

Top 10 Most Invested-In Artists

I couldn't really do a top ten, as too many of my favourite artists got the same number of points. A number of artists have had to be grouped.
This does mean some of my favourites aren't listed. My Fred Astaire album is as brilliant as any album I've ever heard, but it's the only Fred album I've got. And I love Cake, but for some reason I've never gotten around to buying more than 2 albums, even though I've heard the others and approve mightily.
So here are the artists who have actually got my cash over the years. I think it's a nice list, though like Cade I'm afraid Kylie also made it on there, how embarrassment:


Equal 8th:
ABBA - 1 original cd, 2 'best of' cds, 1 dvd
Harry Connick Jr - 3 original cds, 1 'best of' cd
Shakira - 3 original cds, 1 remix cd
Janet Jackson - 3 original cds, 2 singles
Baaba Maal - 3 original cds, 1 concert
Louis Armstrong - 2 original cds, 2 cds with Ella Fitzgerald
8 Points

6th: Kylie Minogue - 4 original cds, 1 single
9 Points

Equal 5th:
Dimitri From Paris (dj) - 4 original cds, 1 concert
Luka Bloom - 4 original cds, 1 concert
10 Points

4th: Jamiroquai - 4 original cds, 1 single, 1 concert
11 Points

3rd: Bjork - 5 original cds, 1 dvd
12 Points

Equal 2nd:
Morrissey/The Smiths 2 Morrissey cds, 2 Smiths cds, 1 Smiths dvd, 1 concert (Morrissey)
Madonna - 3 original cds, 3 'best of' cds, 2 singles, 1 dvd
Ella Fitzgerald - 6 cds, and 2 cds with Louis Armstrong
Michelle Shocked - 5 original cds, + an alternative version of 1 cd, 2 concerts
16 Points

FIRST!: R.E.M. - 7 original cds, 1 'best of' cd, 1 single
17 Points