Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Front Porch Cat


A few months ago I bought a chair to go on the front porch.
Many afternoons I sit out there, reading a book as the sun goes down.

Now, a local cat (collar-less), has taken to spending half the day on it. From a safe distance, she (I think it's a she) can comfortably watch everyone passing on the street.
She's very friendly, likes a pat, and will chat if you talk to her.
It doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest to hear dogs running around inside the house. Of course, they're totally ignorant of the fact that she's out there.

Part of me's always wanted a cat, and this one doesn't even expect us to feed her, so lucky me. I'm quite chuffed she's chosen our porch actually.

And feel free to give her a pat if you're ever visiting here.

No comments: