Thursday, October 23, 2003

R.E.M.

Best Of R.E.M.

Have just been looking at the track listings for the soon-to-be-released double cd version of the Best Of R.E.M 1988-2003.

The first cd is the 'greatest hits' one.
I'm so pleased they included Electrolite and The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite.
But they've gone and left out others like Shiny Happy People!
Not right.

The 2nd cd looks very interesting.
A couple of live and alternate versions of their songs, and then some songs from soundtracks (Batman and Robin; Coneheads; Until The End of the World; A Life Less Ordinary), that I don't have and mostly have never even heard of before!
R.E.M. are soundtrack regulars. In fact, I wish they could have had more of their soundtrack songs on the cd. I know they had songs for the Austin Powers 2 and Happiness films, and probably others.
I don't think it's right that so many of their songs are floating around out there like that.
I want them all!!